Saturday, December 15, 2007

Sympathy card

One of the SBS sisters asked for sympathy cards for her neighbor's family. Her neighbor died very suddenly, leaving behind two kids (I will have to check the facts on this). This is the card I made.

This is a new Technique Junkies technique called Tinted Opaques. I used grey velour paper, an SU! image for the flower, a Flourished Elements image from Flourishes, Twinkling H20s and Tombow Markers to color the image, and distress ink in Antique Paper for the distressing. Marigold Morning is the base, and the dark piece is a gorgeous greenish/gold paper. No clue what it's called, but it's beautiful. The fiber is from SU!, one of the retiring accessories. I painted it with the same two H20s I used on the flower. Click on the picture and make it big so you can see the details of the technique. It's really cool, and on this velour paper, it worked up like magic. I was going to buy more velour paper, but then saw how much I paid for it. Um, I must have had a case of temporary insanity. It's neat, and probably worth the price for stuff like this, but heck, here I was experimenting!!!

Please say more prayers or send light and positive energy, light a candle, chant, burn incense, whatever it is you do for strength, for my mother in law. She is not doing well (again), but this time they're pretty sure her kidneys are shot, which means there is little hope they can keep her as well as they have. But they've said this to us before, and I know all the prayers and such that have come our way from everyone have done her so much good. She's lived a lot longer than any doctor expected, and I think she plans to keep up the fight, so please, when you have a moment during your quiet time... Thank you!

13 comments:

All Pink girl said...

Beautiful card ,love the colours ,
so sorry to hear about your friends neighbour ,xxxx
If i dont get time to come over again i would like to wish you a merry christmas ,take care Dawnxxx

Velta said...

Michelle ~ The technique you used is beautiful! I love these stamps from SU...I will pray for you mom :)

Velta said...

I can't type...I mean your mother-in-law.

Melissa M. M. M. said...

Sending light waves of love and healing to your Mom in law and you. Hugs, Mel

chelemom said...

I always have her in my prayers. I am so sorry....

tangled stitch said...

Your card and your blog are very lovely. Best wishes for everyone in the holiday season.

JazzyH said...

I love the card. My thoughts and prayers.

Lorraine said...

beautiful card and colors. i sent one as well.
have a very Merry Christmas! xoxo

laos348 said...

Your card is so beautiful. I will keep your mother in law in my thoughts - I hope all the prayers help.

Stampin' Meg said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mother-in law. I will definitely pray for her.

Hugs.

Kristine said...

Beautiful! :)

tangled stitch said...

I was just checking in to see how things were going. Thinking of you. Blessings.

Gina said...

Beautiful! So sorry about your Mother-in-law! Merry Christmas!