Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Lots of pictures!

Today, we went to see my mother in law in the nursing home. She had physical therapy today and stunned her therapist by standing up on her own. She still can't walk, but she has every intention of walking again and going home. Walking is the last hurdle to fully caring for herself. She can dress herself and sit up on her own, get herself on and off the bed pan (when she can walk, she plans to use the regular toilet - no kidding). Her first doctor had her dead a long time ago. Her current doctor sent her to the nursing home in May, in the "end stages" of COPD and CHF. Remember her doctor told us a few weeks ago that all they can do for her at this point is make her comfortable. She is shocking them all, constantly. Oh, and her new hip, she said if she knew how good it was going to feel, she would have had them do it a long time ago. She said it's amazing how good it feels. I am constantly amazed and awed by her tenacity.

Please keep her in your prayers, keep sending her light and energy. I really believe it's doing her a lot of good.

Now onto the pictures. Let's start with pictures of my little guy, Dylan. I walked back to see where he was because he was being awfully quiet. Moms all know what that means, right? Trouble. Here is what I found.

Sorry about the underwear shot. Dylan doesn't wear pants unless he's going somewhere. It's just one of his rules of living. He hates pants. And at least these unders are on the right way. He typically wears them backwards. But isn't this cute? This is Dustin and Dylan reading Doom books. Dylan doesn't read a lot, but he does spell all the words he sees. He can read a few words, but certainly not Doom. Anyway, this just made me laugh. Dustin is Dylan's best friend - something I'm sure Dustin wishes were not quite so time consuming.


This is Dylan playing with air dry clay with me. We made a plate. He just loves doing art stuff with me. He doesn't ever do any of it by himself, though. I have to be there with him. He wants his mama, and he wants to do exactly what I'm doing. He made a butterfly, too, but quickly balled it back up and put it back in the clay. He was having so much fun. Then we went back to bed to watch Futurama, and he fell asleep right before midnight. He is such an angel sometimes, and such a wicked little munchkin at other times. But we were having fun tonight and I got a picture of him rolling the clay for his plate and just thought I'd share it with you guys.


And here are my fourth and fifth tags, with stamping even!! Given the name of my blog, I thought perhaps I should actually do some stamping. Images are SU! The tag on the right is done with a Technique Junkies technique called Faux Fresco. I want to add a little gold angel pin to it. The one on the left is also SU!, heat embossed with distress embossing powder (ranger product). The circle is a mica shape. There are little silver hearts along the side, and the pendant says Angel, in case you can't read it. I'm really having a good time with the tags.

I hope everyone has had a happy and safe New Year's celebration and that the coming year is productive and peaceful (those are my goals, productivity and peace).

4 comments:

Lori J said...

Looks like Dylan had a very fun time. :0)

Melissa M. M. M. said...

SO glad to hear that your mother in law is doing so well. What an amazing woman! I'm sending you all love and light!

Great pics!! The guy in my life likes to run around in unders too (but he just turned 29, and so a pic of that wouldn't be as cute--to blog readers at least, heehee.) That is so great that you are so creative and Dylan can share in that; he'll have great memories and be a creative thinker thanks to your sharing. LOVE your tags. How stunning! Can't wait to see the rest of them! :0) Mel

chelemom said...

What a cutie pie! I am SO glad to hear that MIL is doing well. She is lucky to have a DIL like you....

Rosella said...

Thank you for sharing this post. Great to hear about your mother. Will definitely keep her in my prayers. And your little boy Dylan is adorable.