Monday, August 20, 2007

Tone on Tone technique

This card uses a technique called Tone on Tone from the Technique Junkies Newsletter. I was looking through old newsletters and found this technique. Monochrome, right up my alley! It was so easy, and so quick. I think this card took less than 15 minutes, which has to be a record for me.

The flower is from SU!'s Still Life Stems. The background stamp is from The Angel Company. The ribbon is SU!, dyed with Buckaroo Blue. The color of that little "Dream" chipboard matches better than the photo shows. I have to go look again, just to make sure, but I can't imagine I'd have put on an embellishment that was that much brighter! The ink colors are Bashful Blue and Buckaroo Blue. The cardstock is Whisper White and Buckaroo Blue. I used some funky corner punch, no idea what it is called or who makes it. I found it in my drawer, thought "What's this?", and gave it a try. Very pretty. Elegant even.

I went to an auction this past weekend, my first ever. It was so much fun! I scored a whole box of old books for $8. One of them is The Ugly Duckling, given to a child by a teacher in 1921. It's probably the one book in the box that I won't be able to rip apart and alter. There was also an Introductory Psychology book from 1947 in there that I can't wait to read and laugh at. And then I can alter it. I bought a huge cache of old Redbook magazines from the 40s - the 80s. Great paper, and great images. Next week, there's an auction with vintage dresses that I hope we can go to. I would love to snag a few of those. I had a chance to buy an old wire dress form, but it wasn't in good enough shape to buy. I'll have my eyes open for another, though.

Another of our hens is sitting on a large clutch of eggs. Dang it. We are going to need to rid ourselves of some of these chickens soon. Poop everywhere and I hate not being able to walk barefoot outside. I did find out how to sex the chicks, though, so we can tell which are boys and which are girls. If you look at the tips of their wings, girls' feathers are uneven, boys' feathers are even. I can't wait to see if it's as clear on the chicks as it was on television. Sure beats the other method of sexing them (ever see Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe?).

6 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

You are too funny! I really love this card....very pretty!

Pat Huntoon said...

Beautifully done!

mum-on-the-run said...

Beautiful card, love the colour!

Crafty in Calgary said...

Very nice card!

~* Tracy *~ said...

15 minutes for one original card would be an unheard of feat for me!! Is that really SU ribbon? It's very pretty :) Love the blues and the monotone look.
hugs, Tracy

Crystal Ware said...

I love this card. The colors are amazing!