Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Another puzzle piece


I did this puzzle piece almost a year ago. I used a close copy for part of the card I submitted that was published in Rubber Stamper. This was actually very easy, but took some patience. I spread alcohol inks all over the puzzle, still assembled. I used Stream, Lettuce, and Butterscotch Adirondack alcohol inks, spreading the inks just with the nozzle of the bottle - no felt applicator, it muted the colors too much for me. After the whole thing was covered and dried, I randomly stamped the image from Cherry Pie Arts on the puzzle with Palette Noir Hybrid Ink. When that dried, I took the puzzle apart and laid each piece on a Versamark pad, then covered with a layer of UTEE and baked it. Actually, I broiled it. I put three or four coats of Versamark/UTEE on each piece. I edged some of the pieces with a gold leafing pen. I also did a version of this same image with Wild Plum, Latte, and Butterscotch inks. I think it is so pretty. Sorry for the glare. That's the UTEE shining back. If you click on the image to enlarge it, it's easier to see.

4 comments:

Pattyjo said...

Wow that gorgeous!

~* Tracy *~ said...

Oh, that is just so delicious! The colours and the UTEE over the top... mmmm!

Corie said...

SO BEAUTIFUL

Melissa M. M. McCarthy said...

This is so lovely. What a great idea to do the colour treatment and stamping while the puzzle is together. I think I'd better go out and get an old puzzle now.
Gotta love the idea of broiling the utee.