I'm working on an altered board book. I had so much fun with the round robin that I decided to make one all by myself. I got one whole page done. Clap for me.
Actually, what took the longest was deciding on the image. That woman just looks like a diva, no? The background of the cover is painted in gesso, then marred with distress inks (Tattered Rose, Old Paper, and Weathered Wood - direct to paper - in lines, using just the edge of the pad. The texture is pretty cool. I let that ink dry then I rubbed Tea Dye distress ink over the entire book, and buffed before it dried to give it an old look. I stamped a word bg stamp (don't know the company) and dry brushed with a red acrylic paint. I added the images and the letters. To make my pretty hearts, I used tar gel tinted with Cranberry Crisp reinker, swirled a dark purple acrylic paint into it. I poured the tar gel onto wax paper (do this on a flat surface - it's self leveling), dropped several drops of the reinker into the gel and mixed with a stick until I got the desired color. I used the edge of the stick and dipped it into purple acrylic paint and swirled it through the gel. Then I let it dry and peeled up the coolest flexible blob that I then cut hearts out of. Neat stuff. I have an orange/brown blob drying right now. I popped the hearts up on dimensional snot dots so a little light gets behind them so the swirls are visible (don't know if you can see them in the picture).
Anyway, I added the beads and voila! I have the cover of my diva book.