Sunday, May 18, 2008

Another long absence

Time sure does get away from me! Anyway, I've been busy, as I'm sure everyone else has. And yet most everyone else manages to post on their blogs more than once every few weeks.

I made a card! Yeah, I was pretty happy that I finally made a card. I've been doing other things, like playing in a Mixed Emulsions workshop on altering photos. But I had to make a card for a swap, and I managed to do it and do it on time, even!

I can't remember for the life of me where I got this stamp. I love the little girl fairy, and I colored her with Twinkling H20s. She's stamped with India ink in black on glossy card stock. The paper behind the image is from WorldWinPapers. It's called Ruche and it's fabulous stuff!! The stuff with the leaves on it is from TAC. I stamped the leaves with Timber Brown Stazon. The image is from Artful Inkables. The pretty butterfly was a gift someone gave me for hosting a swap. It matched so well, I just had to use it! I was excited to get something so coordinated by accident!

This is my experiment from the Mixed Emulsions workshop. Mixed Emulsions is a book written by Angela Cartwright about altering photos to use in your work. This one was printed onto photo paper (glossy) and I colored the image with Tria markers and then did a gesso dry wash around the edges to make it hazy looking. I think she's pretty even without all the fuss.

Update on family. My mother in law and father in law both seem to be doing very well. Everything is relatively calm for now, and I'll just count that as a wonderful blessing. Terry has pleurisy and hurts quite badly, but he is getting better and hopefully we'll all be well for the next week.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Love your card. Layout if perfect and yay it all looks so good together.
Your work with the mixed emulsions is going extremely well. Can't wait to see more of your experiments with it.

Stampin' Meg said...

Very cool experiments with the emulsions!

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful!!! The stamp could be from The Stampsmith.. she has an image like that.