Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Painting


Painting is incredibly calming, even if you don't really know how to do it. I've been playing with textures in painting, using tar gel and self leveling gel to add streamers of different colors of paint. I painted this a few weeks ago with Lumiere paints. Grape and Crimson and Pink Gold and a yellow acrylic from Liquitex. Not sure which yellow exactly.

I'm painting again today, needing the calm it brings. I've been so scatter brained these last few days, I really didn't remember how peaceful it is to just sit and mix paints. I'm doing one in grays and black today. To match my mood. When it's done drying, I'll take a picture.

1 comment:

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

HUBBA! HUBBA! Michelle!!! I am so LOVING this piece!!! Would sum buddy pul-leeeze wipe the drool off of my face?!?!?! LOL!!!!!!!