Friday, December 7, 2012
This is an ATC I did for an Art for the Creative Mind swap. The theme was "For whom the bell tolls" and my first instinct was to pull out my copper sheeting. I've had this stuff for a few years, but rarely have come up with a use for it. This made me happy.
This is on encaustic board because those wings are heavy. I did a direct to paper (or board in this case) technique with distress inks. Two colors of green, no clue which two. I painted glue over it, and because the distress inks are water soluble, they lifted, which was the whole point. I put tissue over the whole thing and scrunched it. When it dried, I did more inking over the ridges of the tissue, added some copper embossing powder and used my heat gun.
The copper was Big Shot embossed, then I used liver of sulfur to blacken it, swiping the black off the tops of the embossing. Glue it all together, punched out an image from Altered Pages, used copper embossing powder around the edges of it. That's it. Very easy. It was a good swap. I do have to say, I think it was a shame to cover up that background. It was really neat.