Tuesday, June 19, 2007

It's been a few days

Wow, time flies. I've been painting, but not really card making. I finished the one swap card, and they are in the mail. Now I have to find all the pieces to my second swap. I have pictures of the cards I've made the last couple of days, but haven't had time to get them off my camera and upload them. I will tonight, I promise!

In the interim, here is a card I made some time ago with the Silken Mist technique (Technique Junkies newsletter, October/November 2006).

It's done with Twinkling H20s in Chestnut Brown and Spiced Pumpkin, which is my favorite combination of colors for this technique. The background is shimmery, but of course, the scan doesn't exactly pick it up. The stamps are SU! (large image and the sentiment) and Non Sequitir (the small circle image). I used drywall tape embossed with garnet embossing powder, which looks very coppery when it's heated. Copper paper is from SU!, the base is from a tablet of paper I bought from M's. It's a reddish brown coarse textured paper. Sorry the scan is dark. I no longer scan my cards because of this!

I love this technique because it's very shimmery and watery, and it is a perfect background to stamp on. Especially for finely detailed stamps. I know I can't color with that kind of precision. This technique means you don't have to know how. Seriously, if you haven't signed up for the TJ newsletter, you should. It's amazing.

1 comment:

~* Tracy *~ said...

Love the colours and the asian feel of this card :)