Saturday, January 5, 2008

Altered tin

This is the first altered tin I've done. I used Basic Grey paper. Periphery. Beautiful greens and blues. I covered the top of the tin with two different sheets from Periphery and distressed the edges with a file and then sponged Peeled Paint and Antique Linen distress inks. The letters are from a pack of chipboard letters I got from Michaels. I painted over them with Sage Shadow dye ink to match the paper. I altered the puzzle piece, wrapped some green twine around it, added a brad and glued it on. There's a feather that I added distress ink to, Peeled Paint, so it matched. Then I glued on a key. I'm not sure where I got the fibers around the edge, but I think one is a chenille and one is an eyelash fiber. That's about it. It took me a long time, and I can't imagine why it takes me so long to do something that takes me just a minute to type up.

I stamped some today, too, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the images just yet.

1 comment:

Lori J said...

This tin turned out wonderful. Great work. :0)