Debra Ann, at Tangled Stitch tagged me. I was surprised and flattered, especially when she referred to me as a "lovely collage artist". Thanks so much for bringing a smile to my face.
I'm supposed to tell five things about me that people might not know. I imagine there are lots of things some people don't know, but maybe not so many if you're one of the people who've known me since I was in diapers (or in utero), but I'll shoot for the people who don't know me well.
1. Let's start with this. I got pregnant with my oldest when I was 16. I had her at the end of 11th grade, went to the prom with my older brother (my parents made him take me) when I was nine months pregnant, ditched my brother, and had a blast.
2. I had a crush on my husband in high school and he had a crush on me. Neither of us knew it, though. I was in 11th grade (and pregnant) when we really got to know each other. He was so nice to me, treated me with such respect and like I really mattered as a friend. We started dating five years later and have been together ever since. Oh, and he was one of the guys who helped me ditch my brother at the prom. My hero even before he knew it.
3. I started college at 18, quit twice, and finally went back when I was 26 and got my bachelors when I was 31. I went through several majors, including Russian Technical Translation and Political Science (very uninteresting to me now).
4. I learned to read very young. I think it was right before I turned four or right after. I'm not sure which. My older brother taught me. He also was a hero and didn't even know it.
5. I used to be really shy. Really, really shy. So shy that a waiter thought I was deaf. I'm still an introvert and not really fond of people or being around them, but you'd never know it if you saw me in a group.
Now I'm supposed to tag five people. I might not really have five people to tag - I almost hate this part because while I find this very flattering, I'm not sure everyone does. I think I'll tag a few of my SBS sisters. I'd like to know more about them and to point others to their blogs. They make some really neat stuff.
Impressions by V. Velta is wonderful. Her cards are so pretty and she is a guest designer for Flourishes right now, which doesn't surprise me a bit.
Stampin Anyone. Kivonne was the first person I swapped a technique card with and she very quickly became a dear friend.
Paper Possibilities. Lesa has some very cool projects on her blog and she always leaves me some of the nicest comments.
Corner of Enchantment. Rosella gave me an award that I have to put on my blog. I love her name and she was very nice when I asked her if it was her real name (it's so neat, and of course, she didn't get offended). Go see her stuff, really.
Knitalicious. Okay, so Alicia isn't a stamper. She's a knitter, and she is one of the nicest people I know. A great mama, soon to have number three (may already have had him, I haven't heard from her for a day or two!!), and her knitting is wonderful. Not to mention, she has so many animals that she shows off on her blog, as well as her two (soon to be three) boys. Not sure she'll be able to respond to the tag since she's going to be kind of busy, but still, this is a blog anyone who enjoys animals, knitting, yarn, or just color should visit.
That's it. Now I'm going to go to Rosella's blog to get my award. Thanks so much, Debra for the wonderful honor!