Sunday, February 5, 2012

Work in progress

I've been so busy doing so many things, I haven't really thought much about posting on here. So let me rectify that.

Currently, I'm working on a shadow box for one of my friends. Her name is Princess. The box says, "We can't all be princesses. Someone has to clap for me as I go by." Inside, I'm using paper and stamps from Altered Pages. I can't wait to finish it so I can show it off and send it to Princess. She doesn't know she's getting it, and since she doesn't read my blog, I don't have to worry about spoiling the surprise!

This is a triptych ATC I did for a swap on the Art for the Creative Mind Yahoo group. I did these on ATC sized encaustic board. They are thick, stiff, and they hold up so well to all the distressing you could possibly want to do to them. Love these boards so much!

I have other projects too. I'm in an altered book swap for the Art for the Creative Mind group as well, a swap that is going to be going on until July. We each started our own book and shipped it off to the next person, who then adds to the book. My theme is Fairy Tails, a book about myths and mythical creatures. I did my cover and the two interior cover pages in the front, then sent it to the next player. Here is the cover of my book:

I did a gel medium transfer of the pretty fairy picture at the bottom and of the title at the top. The border "lace" or whatever that is has been painted with sparkly paints. I don't like it so that will be changed when I get it back. But I am in love with that fairy image. Oh, the background was painted with gesso, then when it dried, I put some water on it then added Lumiere paints, covered it with plastic wrap, crumpled it, let it almost dry, then pulled the wrap off.

I also made a Mardi Gras mask to swap. It's finished, but I haven't gotten a picture of it yet. I am also working on a Year of the Dragon box swap, but I haven't gotten it done just yet.

I think that's about it for what I'm doing. I have other swaps that I've signed up for but haven't started yet, but dang, I've been busy with all the painting and crafting and stuff. My downstairs looks like an art supply store has exploded and settled in my house. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

No comments: