Saturday, July 7, 2007

Card with an interesting fold

A woman I work with brought a card to work that she made with an interesting fold. Let's just say I'm geometrically challenged. I was never a spatial type person (poor depth perception) and unlike my husband, I can't mentally manipulate objects to see how they fit together. I've never done a funky fold before because of that, but this one is incredibly easy.

I used a new stamp, Butterfly Kisses. Unfortunately, the unmounted stamp didn't have the name of the company on its sticker. Just the name of the stamp. Stamped in SU! Vintage Violet on TAC Glossy White. Used a Gesso resist technique. I got the idea from Techique Junkies, but I didn't do their technique. I just used a little Gesso to make the image look distressed, a little older. I also used Tim Holtz Distress Inks. Tea Dye and Weathered Wood. The ribbon is from a spool I got at Michaels, the brads are Making Memories.

I really love this image. You'll probably see a lot of it. Don't forget to enter to win my first blog jewels. Two posts are involved. Either WOW!!! or Blog Jewels!! Take your pick. Leave a comment on either of them and you can win! Drawing is Tuesday, July 10th, 6pm EST. Oh, and a few people asked me about having a feed subscription. It's added on the left. Thanks for asking!!

5 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Lovely card, so elegant

Lorri said...

Love the card and the FOLD - please share the technique...

Anonymous said...

Great card.I'm definately going play with this fold.I have this stamp and love,love,love it.I do know the manufactor of this stamp but right this minute it eludes me but when,or should I say if,(I'm in my dotage)I will let you know.
Patsy

Anonymous said...

I'm not as senile as I thought I was.The manufactors name is Stampsmith and the stamp comes in two sizes.
Hope that helps
Patsy

Kristine said...

What a gorgeous card and neat fold!! :) I don't think I've tried that one yet. Very elegant.