Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Swap card

I joined my first SCS swap last month. It was a Red and ??? swap, and since red never used to be one of my usual color choices, I decided to make my life miserable by joining something challenging. I actually did that with three swaps I joined last month - the ribbon swap at CHF, the masculine swap at CHF, and then the Red and ??? swap at SCS. I'm a masochist. I'll happily admit it.

Of the three swap cards I made, this one is by far my favorite end result. I chose red and black, with grey just so the image could be seen.

I used an SU! Red, I think it's Real Red, SU!'s Going Grey, and a generic black. The image is SU!, a retired set from a few years ago. I still don't know what set it is. I love that peony stamp, though. The sentiment is also SU! I used a Marvy Clever Lever Tag Punch - I think it's a Mega, but it might be a Giga, but might not. I really should pay more attention when I buy things. :o)

The black background piece is dry embossed with my Big Shot and a Cuttlebug folder. The peony is stamped on Going Grey with a Palette Ink, Moulin Rouge. The ribbon is May Arts, and I LOVE that ribbon. Red trimmed with black edging. Wow!!

3 comments:

Kristine said...

Great job! I don't often use real red either. This is really gorgeous with the black especially. :)

Michele Kovack said...

This is lovely!

~* Tracy *~ said...

I think your card turned out wonderful. I adore that ribbon too - it looks so rich and velvety in the pic :)