I am on a roll again. This is another tag, using the orange piece of tar gel film that I created. If you make it big, you can see the orange wings between the angel and the cloth. There is some stamping on the tag, but it's kind of hidden. A Flourishes, llc Flourised Element and an SU! image that you really can't see at all unless you are reeeeeeeeaaaaaaallllyyyyy close. Before I added all that extra stuff on top, I stippled on a couple of different acrylic paints - burnt orange and yellow ochre. I also added Old Paper distress ink, and Brilliance gold ink on top to give it more zing. The cloth was a lot of fun to make. It's this gauzy material that I got in a bargain bin. It was a remnant and I got a yard of it for a dollar. Really good deal! To make it here, I painted it with Lumiere paint in a pink gold and a bronze, then I rinsed it to make it shimmer softly. And it really does. It sparkles. I don't know if that shows up in the picture.
I got some Fantasy Film and Fantasy Fiber over the weekend and I made a tag with that stuff too. The fiber anyway. WOW!! Cool stuff. Really, really cool stuff. Do you guys get the impression that I'm just going crazy with this stuff right now? It's the decompression. I'm no longer wringing my hands with worry about my job. Woo-hoo!!
Anyway, this tag uses Fantasy Fiber in Daffodil and I made that flower with a translucent polymer clay (Sculpey) that I painted. I have more that I added ink to in order to color it. I plan to make some different colors that I can just glaze.
I got a question about the tar gel from Laurie Unger, can you use alcohol inks. I've got a batch sitting on my desk. I'll let you know tomorrow evening if it actually works. So far, it looks like it should.
Note - don't reuse the wax paper to make a second batch of this film. The wax paper loses it's ability to repel the glue and it sticks.
Another note, I thought I found this tar gel thing somewhere online, but I didn't. I found this:
And used it as inspiration to make something we could use for things other than paintings. She painted on a base (canvas or paper or something) and then poured clear tar gel, and made the swirly things in the gel. I colored the gel because I wanted to be able to cut things out. Now I've got some more leaves setting up and some tribal faces. I could really spend a lot of time doing just this. I need to make some cards!