Monday, November 10, 2008

Thank you note

I had to make thank you cards to send to the people who interviewed me for my new job. It was a lot of fun, the FOUR HOUR interview. Fun enough that the time passed so quickly. Usually any interview makes me tired, but this one didn't. They asked me so many questions, but in between answers, they told me stories and I told them stories and we all laughed. A lot. It was very much not like an interview. I'm really looking forward to managing again, and getting to lead a team. And I'm especially looking forward to working with people who can have a good time laughing and aren't going to think twice when I shoot nerf balls at them. I've already been warned that they are arming themselves before I start.

The card uses metallic papers from CutCardstock. I used a gel medium and SU! inks, painted randomly on the paper. The colors were Summer Sun, Marigold Morning, and Really Rust, mixed in different proportions to get gradations of color. I dry embossed. The images are SU! Colored with gel pens. Ribbon from May Arts (LOVE that ribbon).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this cardstock that you have used...I am assuming the gold is also from this place...Glad to hear that your 4 hour ordeal was a good one!!!

Michele Kovack said...

This is really pretty! I hope things are getting better!